- Diminish and levels blood pressure, thanks to its properties antihypertensives and cardioprotectors.
- Helps reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the body, also protects from cardiac diseases and avoid damages in the blood vessels.
- It is suitable for people that have diabetes due to its hypolipidemic and hypoglycemic properties
- It contains antioxidants that protect the organism and neutralise free radicals in the body.
- Creates a stimulus in the immune system and protects from colds and flu.
- You can make an infusion with the same flowers up to 3 times, and it won't lose its properties.
- It can be a great aid to improve insomnia.
- Help aid with skin irritations.
- It's rich in vitamin A, C, B1 and E. Also, minerals like calcium, iron, phosphate, to help keep the bones healthy.
- And finally, once you finish infusions, you can create a great snack with flowers.
- To help reduce water retention, make this recipe without sugar.
- As tempting as it is to use only the infusion without adding any water, I would suggest going against this urge since the concentrated power of hibiscus flower can be too aggressive to the stomach. Always mix at least 30% of the concentrated infusion with 70% water.
Recipe for a delicious and refreshing Hibiscus water
- 1 cup of hibiscus flower
- 12 cups of water
- 2 cups of strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Boil 4 cups of water and add the hibiscus flower let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the flowers and reserve them.
- Put it in a jug with the rest of the ingredients and mix.