- 1 cup of MASECA flour
- 2 cups of warm water
- Add water to your MASECA flour and knead it until it becomes a soft dough, this will take around 10 minutes, don't add all the water at once, keep adding as much as you need. The texture should feel like play doh.
- Let it rest 1 to 2 hours covered in plastic.
- After the resting time knead it again to reincorporate the dough into a smooth ball.
- Separate the dough in 50 gr balls and make each piece as round as possible. (You will get between 9 to 10 tortillas) (The easiest way to do the tortillas is by pressing them with a TORTILLA PRESS.)
- Cut a plastic bag from the sides until you get two plastics a little bit bigger than your tortilla press.
- Put one plastic inside of the tortilla press, then put the other plastic on top of the ball of dough, now you are ready to press your dough.
- Open the tortilla press and unpeel the tortilla as if was a sticker.
- Unpeel it slowly and put it in a hot pan.
- First for 30 seconds until the edges of the tortilla start to change colour lightly that is the moment to flip it
- After a minute and a half or when some bubbles that are barely visible start to appear you can flip it again and that is when you press the centre of the tortilla lightly and let it get cooked for around 30 seconds.
- And that's it.
- Do not forget to place them in a clean tea towel to keep them warm.